- Before any university in Nigeria accept students, they evaluate them using lots of criteria. One of such criteria is meeting the cut off mark for JAMB. Kwara State university (KWASU), located in Kwara State, also has such requirements. Read everything about KWASU departmental cut off mark for JAMB.
Kwara State university cut off mark for JAMB: what are the 2018/2019 changes?
It is easy enough to get accepted into any university you like when you have met the cut off mark requirements. Cut off mark is the minimal point that a student who applies for the university admission must achieve in the UTME or JAMB examination. If you reach the minimum point that the university has set, you have a chance to be admitted into this educational institution. However, preference will be given to the students who have scored as much above the cut off mark as possible.
This year, some changes were made to the cut off mark for Kwara State University. Last year, KWASU departmental cut off mark 2017/2018 was 108. However, in 2018/2019, the departmental cut off mark for JAMB in this institution has risen to 180. Even though this is the minimal mark for being accepted in the university, usually the students with higher marks are considered.
The decision to raise the Kwara State University cut off mark for JAMB was influenced by the fact more and more school graduates wish to become students of this institution, and competition between young people becomes more severe year after year. Those who pass JAMB exams should take them really seriously, because the higher is your score, the better is your chance to be accepted.
Kwara State University cut off mark for all courses
Kwara State University has no set cut off mark for all courses – they are different, depending on the course you are willing to take. However, those students whose score in UTME exams was 200 and higher, are eligible for applying into any courses of their choice. Because of the number of potential Kwara State students, the admission process becomes more selective every year. For now, the departmental cut off marks for JAMB in Kwara State University are as follows:
- KWASU cut off mark for Medicine: 250
- KWASU cut off mark for Law: 240
- KWASU cut off mark for Engineering (Civil, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, and others): 220
- KWASU cut off mark for Physical Science Courses (Computer Science, Industrial Physics, Industrial Chemistry, Geology, and others): 190
- KWASU cut off mark for Biological Sciences (Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology and others): 190
How to get admitted into KWASU?
Usually, Kwara State University divides their admission process in two phases. Each of them lasts for a week or a few weeks. The students who have applied for certain courses in this university are considered for admission.
The pre-screening exercise is the first phase, and it will take place when it is announced. The only documents needed for the pre-screening are the result of SSCE and the JAMB registration print-out. The student usually needs to arrive early and locate the screening venue. The potential candidates will be screened on the JAMB scores and the SSCE results.
The second phase of admission process is the release of student lists who are admitted to the university. Those lucky students will be invited to pass another screening exercise. They should have the following documents with them:
- The original copies of educational qualifications (the result statements and certificates), awaiting results cases will not be accepted.
- Age declaration or birth certification.
- Good conduct letter from village head/responsible community member/civil service member of at least grade level 10 (or equivalent to that in private sector).
- Certificate of origin and notification of admission status.
The admission criteria are quite possible to meet, if you work hard and do your best in the exams, hopefully, you will achieve a place in your dream university!